Thursday, April 29, 2021

ADVENTURE SPARK TABLES - Broken Luck TROIKA! Zine WIP #4

A quick update on the Broken Luck Troika! zine.

OK, first, I'm not going to make it in time for the Troika!Fest Jam. I'm a bit sorry about that, but I am learning to accept that in order to make good stuff one might need some extra time. Trying to be ZEN about it.

Also, I've learned that to make good stuff one needs to ask for feedback from talented people, and that's what I did. perplexingruins, who by the way did the amazing art of the zine, pushed me to be more creative with the layout. I worked a lot and went from a very boring layout to something better.

example spread

Leo Hunt, author and artist behind Vaults of Vaarn, encouraged me to be more consistent and also more Troikish, and Ian Yusem, the man behind, well, a lot of stuff, had shown me the way to some more foolishness, helped me understand better some Troika! fundamentals, and also asked for more adventure tables in the mood of those that I've already put in the zine.

So I'll allow myself to indulge in table design for a couple of weeks and add more Adventure Tables describing the Gods, the Godly Palace, and its dwellers - Because the zine revolves around five backgrounds of unlucky souls banished or punished by childish and resentful gods.

The goal here is to deliver five backgrounds, a cursed Major Arcana Tarots system (all pluggable into any sphere setting), and suggest a Godly palace/setting. So far I have four D6 tables:

  • Which immortal did you piss off?
  • The Godly Palace is hidden
  • The PCs are in
  • And they are

And to those, I'll add:

  • To enter the Godly Palace you must (pass a test, fight an NPC, go through something odd)
  • Minion Generator
  • The Gods are (doing crazy stuff, of course)
  • And after a while, The Palace will (more crazy stuff happens, why not?)
  • God generator






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lost Bay Podcast season 2 big update

Here's an update on Season 2 of The Lost Bay Podcast. Four episodes have already been released, and many more are on the way. Paolo Grec...